Peanut Butter Change Ups

15 Nov

peanut-butter-change-ups

Ahhh…peanut butter…a staple of my youth, a staple of my children’s youths. And, I love peanut butter cookies. (Hmmm…upon reviewing my last post, perhaps I simply love cookies?) Honestly, my mother made, what I believed, was the best peanut butter cookie ever and I’ve never been able to recreate it (even using her recipe!). But, I’m about to reassess – this is may be the best peanut butter cookie, ever!

My complaint about peanut butter cookies has always been they weren’t “peanutty”enough. These are! I think the addition of the chopped peanuts really helped. (And, while Dorie’s peanut butter of choice is Skippy’s, mine is Jif, extra crunchy – I think it’s a regional thing!)

Now to the texture – it is heavenly. If I have a complaint it is that the sandy texture makes me want another…and another…and another…well, you get the idea.

Oh, and how much fun was it to see this recipe featured last week in our local newspaper. Dorie wrote about her #cookiesandkindness project.

6 Responses to “Peanut Butter Change Ups”

1. Nicole @ The 2nd 35 Years November 15, 2016 at 3:27 pm #

Coolies are almost always delicious!

2. Hindy November 15, 2016 at 4:49 pm #

We had the same problem with these – they disappeared almost overnight! Yours look beautiful!

3. awarmhello November 15, 2016 at 5:14 pm #

Those look great! Yeah, I ate a lot of them! I love the peanut butter-ie-ness of them! Love them!

4. steph (whisk/spoon) November 15, 2016 at 10:19 pm #

Jif all the way (although I’m a creamy fan)! These look great– they give my mother’s a run for their money, too.

5. Kayte November 16, 2016 at 12:30 am #

I love how you arranged your beautiful cookies…reminds me of dominoes and how fun it is to see them all collapse on one another. A fun memory of childhood…both the peanut butter cookies and the dominoes!

6. Diane Zwang November 16, 2016 at 9:00 pm #

A recipe to beat your mom’s, it must be good. We loved these too.