“Faux”-reos…

1 Nov

I love Oreos – I mean I really LOVE Oreos. I once ate nearly a pound of them only to hear my husband ask, “Where are the Oreos?” “I ate them!” “All of them?” “Yeah…is there a problem?” We rarely have Oreos in the house, anymore. (True confession: my new weakness is Oreo thins that, mercifully, may be bought at Costco in individual, four cookie packets. And, I limit myself to one packet a day.)

Anyway, these Chocolate Creme Sandwiches are pretty darn close to Oreos! I managed to cut out enough cookies for 25-sandwiches. (I did increase the filling recipe by using 1-stick of butter and 200 g of confectioner’s sugar.) Using a #60 scoop left me just short of filling, but next time I’ll use a #100 scoop – there will be less filling, but for me, it’s all about the cookie rather than the filling. And, these cookies are delicious! Nice, dark, bitter chocolate; not too sweet; and delightfully crunchy! (I baked the leftover scraps to eat on their own! Heaven!)

Tonight is Game 3 of the World Series and I’ll be taking some to share and cheer on the Chicago Cubs. Go, Cubbies!

9 Responses to ““Faux”-reos…”

1. Hindy November 1, 2016 at 1:27 pm #

Your cookies look perfect. Love the scallop edges!

2. Busy Oven November 1, 2016 at 6:10 pm #

Your cookies look delicious!!

3. Nicole @ The 2nd 35 Years November 1, 2016 at 6:35 pm #

Weren’t these delicious? For me they were better than oreos. Yours look great!

4. pampinnav November 1, 2016 at 8:04 pm #

They look perfect!

5. Diane Zwang November 1, 2016 at 11:52 pm #

We don’t keep M&Ms in our house for the same reason:) We loved these too.

6. awarmhello November 2, 2016 at 1:10 pm #

Your cookies look just perfect! (Happy Belated Birthday!). For me, its all about the cookie too,..I’m not a big filling fan.

7. Kayte November 2, 2016 at 3:24 pm #

Your cookies look very good…and happy to hear that you were happy with them, especially since you are an Oreos expert! 🙂 Too funny about the bag disappearing before hubby’s very eyes. lol And OH YEAH, Go Cubs Go!! He’s BACK!! xo

8. Teresa November 2, 2016 at 6:32 pm #

These cookies are perfect for sharing (whether we want to or not is another matter). You’ll be popular tonight!

9. Mardi (eat. live. travel. write.) November 4, 2016 at 10:22 am #

Thanks for the tip on the size of scoop to use! Can’t wait to make these “Dorie-os” !