Jam-Filled Sandwich Cookies

8 Sep

Jam-filled sandwich cookiesMmmmm….Shortbread cookies are one of my favorites…And what’s not to love about a filled shortbread cookie!

They were easy to mix together. (I was a little surprised at how dry the dough was, but it did not seem to effect the cookie.) I happened to have apricot preserves in my refrigerator, so that’s what I filled them with. Oh, with a little twist – peanut butter! As much as peanut butter has become a big no-no in many schools, I couldn’t help but make peanut butter and jam cookies! A scant 1/4 teaspoon of each peanut butter and jam created a perfect treat.

My biscuit cutter is 2-1/2 inches across, and I got exactly 12-sandwiches with one 4-inch disc I filled and folded in 1/2, much like a hand-pie. Delicious little morsels that I’m certain to make again…and again! Oh, and did I mention delicious?!?

6 Responses to “Jam-Filled Sandwich Cookies”

1. Teresa September 8, 2015 at 7:23 am #

I’m going to have to tell my mother that you folded one over like a hand pie – that’s how she wanted me to fill these and I didn’t comply. I bet that’s a very pretty variation.

2. Nana September 8, 2015 at 7:58 pm #

A little peanut butter never hurts and so great with the apricot preserves.

3. Zosia September 8, 2015 at 11:48 pm #

Peanut butter and jam filling – those wouldn’t have lasted long around here. I’m glad you enjoyed them.

4. steph (whisk/spoon) September 9, 2015 at 1:37 am #

yes to PB&J! these cookies reminded me of handpies, too…they were great!

5. Diane Zwang September 9, 2015 at 1:57 am #

I love peanut butter but sadly my son is highly allergic so I don’t bake with it. Your cookies sound good though.

6. Cher September 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm #

I love the folded over hand pie concept. Wayyyy easier!