Palets de Dames, Lille Style

11 Nov

If you haven’t made these yet, please be warned: do not taste them before you glaze them. You won’t have any left to glaze! These puffy little cookies really are more like little cakes – and yes, I did eat about half of them before they were cool enough to glaze. I’ll be making more, to be sure! I think my next batch will be made a tad bit larger – my scoop made for cookies just about the size of a Nilla Vanilla Wafer – and while that was fine, it’s far too easy to eat a dozen of them using the excuse, “Oh, well, they’re really small!” The smaller size also did cause me to adjust the baking time down to between 5 and 7 minutes rather than the 7 to 9.

Orange sanding sugar showed up better than the white. (In a shout out to Oregon State University, I tried to also do a few with black sanding sugar, but the black sugar really didn’t look appetizing!)

Palets de Dames, Lille Style

13 Responses to “Palets de Dames, Lille Style”

1. LW November 11, 2014 at 6:16 pm #

So cute! Glad to have you in the group. 🙂

2. meagan November 11, 2014 at 7:12 pm #

I agree the tininess of them is causing me to eat one every time I pass by the kitchen.

3. Tricia S November 11, 2014 at 7:27 pm #

Lovely cookies. To funny about the black sugars. We had a great starting recipe to the BCM adventure and I am happy to be cooking along with you ~

4. bakeawaywithme.com November 11, 2014 at 9:42 pm #

Very nicely done! Love the splash of orange!

5. ProfWhoCooks November 11, 2014 at 10:56 pm #

The orange sanding sugar looks great and such a neat contrast against the white of the cookies. I completely agree about not trying them before icing: it was difficult to leave some of them alone!

6. Cher November 12, 2014 at 12:47 am #

I think these would be dangerous small or large…just saying 🙂

7. julessomeone November 12, 2014 at 2:05 am #

Welcome to the group! So glad you’re baking with us. The cookies look yummy!

8. Adriana @ GreatFood360° November 12, 2014 at 2:43 am #

I definitely enjoyed these more plain than with the icing… and I made a thinner one than what the recipe suggested! Nice meeting you, scaryladyatho 🙂

9. Karen November 12, 2014 at 4:25 am #

So…you are an Oregon State fan? Go Ducks! 😉 I went with orange as well. Your cookies look perfect and just right for popping a few for a snack! Glad you are baking along!

• scaryladyatho November 12, 2014 at 4:56 am #

Actually, my husband’s a Duck, and my younger son is a Duck. I’m a Viking and our elder son is a Sun Devil. But, we have dear friends who are Beavers. So, I guess we’ll root for everyone!

10. Teresa November 12, 2014 at 9:14 am #

I packed up most of them and gave them away or I would have eaten way too many of them, myself. Reading everyone’s posts, however, is making me wish I had more. Yours turned out beautifully.

11. Kayte November 15, 2014 at 10:07 pm #

They were like little cakes, I loved them. I used orange sprinkles as well as it seemed like a fall color and I could not for the life of me get them to look like anything remotely lovely to be photoed without the sprinkles! Yours look lovely.

12. Cathleen | My Culinary Mission November 22, 2014 at 3:30 am #

The tiny size is dangerously addictive! Happy to be baking along with you!