Finnish Pulla

18 Dec
2012-12-17 10.26.21

Before baking

I love bread – good bread (Italian ciabatta is just about my favorite), bad bread (don’t judge – WonderBread is a terrific bread when slathered in mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and leftover Thanksgiving turkey and makes me a little woosie), so the opportunity to make this bread has been this month’s comfort nestled in all the hullabaloo.

2012-12-17 12.00.57

After baking

I didn’t have pearl sugar, but large crystal sugar worked just fine. Oh, and rather than one large wreath, I made two smaller ones – this way the husband and I can eat one of them and the other one will go to work with him tomorrow. And just as an aside – is there anything to make one feel better than a loaf of bread shaped like a braided wreath? I think not!

About these ads

6 Responses to “Finnish Pulla”

1. cookingjulia December 18, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

I love bread too and this one was impossible to resist! I like the idea of making two wreaths!

2. Teresa December 18, 2012 at 9:17 pm #

Nice job!

3. Gretchen Noelle December 18, 2012 at 11:47 pm #

I made two smaller wreaths as well and thought that was perfect! Great job!

4. SandraM December 19, 2012 at 1:45 am #

I agree, there is nothing better than bread! And this bread really hit the spot. Your wreath looks perfect!!! Great job.

5. My Daily Bread Body and Soul ... Pray Cook Blog December 19, 2012 at 3:10 am #

We certainly are a gaggle of bread lovers! ha! ha! Blessings and Merry Christmas!

6. Cathleen December 20, 2012 at 4:41 am #

Beautifully done! This is a winner recipe for sure. ~Happy Holidays!